Making an online ordering app for a healthy restaurant
A design should have a smooth process of ordering, be customizable, and be visually appetizing
Persona, Wireframe, Prototype
The App Concept
Considering the importance of food on well-being, energy, and beauty attracts many people to a healthy diet. On the other hand, the busy lifestyle doesn’t let many of them cook at home, so they look for a restaurant with an online ordering system.
fitBwol is a local ordering food app used by the students of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and working folk in Madison who are willing to have a healthy dish. The users can order food online, see the price, delivery time or customize the options. The app's goal is to create a delightful ordering food design.
I was a graduate student in Madison, so I had the chance to arrange interviews with potential users. I asked questions to learn more about their interests and personalities. I also learned about how often they eat out? What do they expect? What motivates or frustrates them while using the app? What features do they need? etc. The app focuses on the following audiences:
● University students
● Busy working folks
● Erath friend people
● They are mostly UW-Madison students
● Working folks working in around Madison downtown
● People above 35
Psychographics (personality, values, attitudes, interests, lifestyles)
● Professional and educated
● Friends of Earth
● Healthy lifestyle, a regular member of Gyms
This data helped me to create my personas.
● To sell food online that will be delivered
● Provide a system for order customization
● Mobile-friendly app
● Fast and responsive contact service
● Special offer of the day
● Rewarding system
● Find out if the restaurant delivers to their area
● Order food online
● The ordering system should be self-relevant and straightforward
● Professional design
● Showing the advantages and quality of the food
Outline of scope
In the step, first I organized the users' requirements based on the content and functionality. This analysis helped to make the user flow.